What is there to do at Virginia Beach Boardwalk?
- King Neptune Statue on the Boardwalk. King Neptune is a colossal 34-foot-high bronze statue that rises from the depths of the Atlantic… …
- Virginia Beach Fishing Pier. …
- Flashback Old Time Photos. …
- Virginia Beach Boardwalk. …
- The Norwegian Lady. …
- Virginia Beach Boardwalk Food Tour. …
- 24th Street Stage. …
- Atlantic Fun Park.
What is close to Virginia Beach?
Major cities near Virginia Beach, VA
- 17 miles to Norfolk, VA.
- 18 miles to Chesapeake, VA.
- 153 miles to Washington, DC.
- 165 miles to Raleigh, NC.
- 172 miles to Baltimore, MD.
- 172 miles to Durham, NC.
- 218 miles to Greensboro, NC.
- 219 miles to Philadelphia, PA.
What does Virginia Beach have to offer?
On land, Virginia Beach is home to multiple history-focused sights, including First Landing State Park, Cape Henry Lighthouse and the Military Aviation Museum. The city also offers nature parks and the kid-friendly Virginia Aquarium & Marine Science Center.
What is Virginia Beach known for?
Virginia Beach is well known for its boardwalk, which is a 28-foot-wide marvel that stretches across 3 miles of the beach from 2nd to 40th Street. Located on the oceanfront, the Virginia Beach Boardwalk features a separate bike path, hosts a variety of maritime activities, and is home to museums and an amusement park.
Can you walk on Virginia Beach at night?
Hi Terra, Yes you can walk on the beach at night. The Virginia Beach oceanfront does not close. You are free to walk on it at any time, but please be advised that there are no lifeguards on duty after hours.
What is the best time of year to go to Virginia Beach?
The best time to visit Virginia Beach is from late May to early September, when you’ll experience oceanfront culture in full swing. But fair warning: This is the peak season.
How far is Norfolk Virginia from Virginia Beach?
Is Virginia Beach a town?
Virginia Beach is an independent city located on the southeastern coast of the Commonwealth of Virginia in the United States.
What city in North Carolina is closest to Virginia?
Can you swim at Virginia Beach?
Virginia Beach is perhaps the most famous in the state. It is located in the Atlantic Ocean at the mouth of Chesapeake Bay. The water here is warm enough to swim in during the summer months, and many visitors are attracted to its long, sandy coast. Lifeguards can also be found at this beach during the peak season.
Is Virginia Beach a free beach?
Sandbridge Beach, Chesapeake Bay Beach and the Oceanfront Resort Beach are all free and open to the public.
Is Virginia Beach Safe?
VIRGINIA BEACH, Va. – AdvisorSmith, a leading information resource for business advice and original research, released a new study, Safest Cities in America, which said Virginia Beach ranks as the #1 safest large city. The study examined data from 3,107 cities and based each city’s safety ranking upon its crime score.
What are the bad areas of Virginia Beach?
Most Dangerous Neighborhoods In Virginia Beach, VA
- Northeast. Population 67,163. 18 % Violent Crimes 138 crimes / 100k people. …
- North Central. Population 25,176. 7 % Violent Crimes 125 crimes / 100k people. …
- Northwest. Population 73,160. -2 % …
- Dam Neck Naval Air Station. Population 4,046. -11 % …
- US Navy Little Creek Amphibious Base. Population 4,905. -79 %
Does Virginia Beach have alligators?
Some locals already report sightings in the vicinity of Back Bay, southwest of Virginia Beach. Officially, there are no alligators in Virginia.