What is there to do at Orange Beach Gulf Shores Alabama?
Things to do in Gulf Shores-Orange Beach, AL
- Orange Beach Dolphin & Sunset Cruises Aboard Sunny Lady. 3,653 ratings. …
- Chute Em Up Parasail Tours Orange Beach. …
- Southern Rose Dolphin Cruise. …
- Gulf Shores Parasailing & Banana Boat Ride Combo Tour. …
- Cruise OB Dolphin Cruise. …
- Harbor Tiki Cruise & Tour. …
- Orange Beach Party Boat Fishing. …
- Amphibious Duck Tour of Orange Beach.
What is Orange Beach Alabama known for?
Creek Indians inhabited the area long before the arrival of Europeans. In addition to an active fishing community, the area was also known for farming, which leads to how Orange Beach got its name, as orange groves were once common on the Alabama coast.
What should I bring to Orange Beach AL?
What to Pack for a Beach Trip with Kids
- Sunscreen. Every beach vacation traditionally means hours spent in the sun. …
- Sunglasses for the entire family. These aren’t just to make you look cool. …
- Towels. …
- Beach Chairs. …
- Beach Bag or Tote. …
- Water and Snacks. …
- 7. Entertainment. …
- Swimsuits and Cover-Ups.
What is there to do in Orange Beach on a rainy day?
Things to do on a Rainy Day in Gulf Shores and Orange Beach
- Make your own jewelry at Blue Girl Beading Company.
- Blow Glass at the Hot Shop at the Coastal Arts Center in Orange Beach.
- Make your own pottery at The Clay Studio (also at the Coastal Arts Center)
- Personalize a scent at High Cotton Bath Company.
Does Orange Beach have a boardwalk?
Catch a Beautiful Sunset + Walk the Orange Beach Boardwalk
Florida Point beach is located on the east side of town. … The park here is the perfect place to watch the sun setting over the water, and there’s a long boardwalk which makes getting out to the beach easy.
Is the water clear in Orange Beach Alabama?
Clear, blue, warm waters
The warm blue Gulf waters of Florida are the exact same waters that wash against the Alabama shore.
Is Orange Beach Alabama a good vacation spot?
The Gulf Coast is home to the best beaches in the country – it’s no secret. Whether you choose to stay in Gulf Shores or Orange Beach, Alabama, you’ll experience equally beautiful beaches in both locations. Sugar-white sand, sparkling aquamarine waters, and plenty of sunshine await at either destination.
Is Orange Beach or Destin better?
Been to both, and the sand and water are better in Destin. The shells, crowd and driving are all better in the Orange Beach area. The water and beach are still tons better than most of the Texas Gulf coast. You can head towards Perdido or Gulf Shores for food and things to do.
Are there alligators in Gulf Shores AL?
They are much more active in the summer. It is rare , but they will attack a dog or small child if playing by the lake shore. You most likely will not see a gator anytime, the state park is a very safe clean park. 4.
What should I bring to Gulf Shores?
Gulf Shores beachgoers know they’ll need a beach bag packed with essentials: towels, sunscreen, bug spray, toys (football, Frisbee, etc.), hat or visor, baggies (to bring home seashells and other finds), pain reliever and lip balm for starters. Pack that bag in advance to make leaving necessities behind less likely.
What should I pack for a trip to Alabama?
It’s a good idea to pack a few sweaters, jackets, long-sleeved shirts and slacks in addition to your shorts and short-sleeved tops. In October, the warm Gulf waters remain at a very comfortable 74 degrees so you should pack a bathing suit, too. Although the temperature is mild, the southern sun is still strong.
What is the best time to go to Gulf Shores?
The best times to visit Gulf Shores are March through May and September through November. Travelers can take advantage of these sweet spots outside the busy (and more expensive) summertime and enjoy swimming in the Gulf of Mexico, which still offers pleasant temperatures in the late spring and early fall.
What are some free things to do in Gulf Shores Alabama?
20 free or cheap things to do at Alabama’s beaches
- 20 things to do for $5 or under at Alabama’s beaches.
- The Hot Shop, Orange Beach.
- Graham Creek Disc Golf Course, Foley.
- Gulf State Park Pier, Gulf Shores.
- Sims Skate Park, Gulf Shores.
- Bon Secour National Wildlife Refuge, Bon Secour.
- Ferris Wheel, Orange Beach.
- Fort Morgan State Historic Site, Gulf Shores.